Hosting a Super Bowl watch party? Going to a friend’s house to watch the big game? Looking for some tasty last-minute recipes to bring to the party? Well you’re in the right place!
I’ve picked out some of my favorite tried and true recipes that are perfect for parties, especially a hungry football crowd. The best part is that you can make all of these in advance, so you don’t have any prep work on game day, except for heating things up. If you’re crunched for time, these are all easy dishes to make at the last-minute, so you don’t have to show up empty-handed.
I’ve also added in a yummy frozen watermelon & lime margarita which would go deliciously with all of these treats.
1) Corn & Black Bean Salsa – This is my #1, favorite, go-to party dish. To the point where my friends seriously request it whenever we have a group get-together. You can prepare the salsa a day in advance and then add in some fresh avocado (optional) right before you serve the dish. This is a HUGE hit, trust me!!
2) Cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Dip – Another really easy dish to throw together that you can prepare the day before the game. Just pop it in the oven before you’re ready to serve so the cheeses get melted and ooey-gooey and serve with chips.
3) Guacamole & Pico de Gallo – So delicious and easy to throw together. You could make both of these in advance, but my suggestion would be to prepare the pico de gallo a day in advance, and then before your party mash in some ripe avocados so your guacamole is super fresh. If you do make a day in advance, or even earlier in the morning, keep the avocado pit inside the guacamole – it helps keep it fresh. And make sure that you cover with Saran wrap and press down so that the plastic is directly touching the guacamole.
If you have the time, I suggest making my Homemade Baked Corn Tortilla Chips to go with them! They are crunchier and more flavorful than your standard store-bought trips and are special for party time.
4) Beef & Bean Chili – Great on its own, in a bowl covered with the works (cheese, onions, sour cream and jalapeños), great as a dip for chips, great over some mac ‘n cheese. You can make this a day in advance and heat it up on the stove top or a crock pot before your party.
5) Jalapeño & Pepper Jack Stuffed Burgers – You can also prep these in advance and grill them up when you’re ready to eat. They go great with some fresh lettuce, tomato, onion and guacamole!
6) Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Mac ‘n Cheese – A healthier twist on buffalo wings and mac ‘n cheese, you won’t be missing the real thing when you try this Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Mac ‘n Cheese. I promise! You could serve this as a side dish or an appetizer for your party.
7) Summer Chopped Salad – If you’re looking for a slightly healthier side dish, try this chopped salad. Filled with garbanzo beans, tomatoes, basil, feta cheese, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and a light vinaigrette it will be a refreshing side for your game day feast.
8) Frozen Watermelon & Lime Margarita – You can’t have a great party without a solid margarita, right? Unless you’re sticking with beer for the day, this drink is utterly delicious.
What are your favorite game day foods!?
Hugs, kisses & yummy dishes… xoxo